- Revise the department's performance plan to include clear performance measures that support the department's long-term goals, and link individual performance reviews to the performance of organization units.
- Streamline, eliminate and consolidate functions, reallocating budget savings of 10 percent to counterterrorism efforts.
- Reallocate caseload and field positions to match the new emphasis on terrorism and transfer 10 percent of headquarters positions to the field.
- Make counterterrorism the FBI's top mission and implement a series of FBI management reforms previously recommended by the department's Strategic Management Council.
- Restructure the Immigration and Naturalization Service by separating its enforcement and service functions; strengthen INS operations on the border and in the interior of the country; and streamline the operations of the Executive Office for Immigration Review to eliminate its backlog of cases.
- Flatten the Office of Justice Programs' organizational structure and create a uniform application for department grants.
- Improve cooperation with state and local law enforcement agencies and with U.S. attorney's offices.
- Implement a uniform financial system and achieve unqualified opinions on all financial statements.
- Develop a departmentwide hiring policy, boost training and improve diversity.
- Develop a comprehensive information technology plan.
FROM OUR SPONSORS