Who Can You Call For Help

"Security in the Workplace: Improving the Safety of Federal Employees" is available in bulk quantities for free from the U.S. Marshals Service at (202) 307-9065.

Get "Combating Workplace Violence: Guidelines for Employers and Law Enforcement" from the International Associations of Chiefs of Police, (703) 836-6767, ext. 218.

The Occupational Health and Safety Administration's "Guidelines for Preventing Workplace Violence for Health Care and Social Workers" is available through the Government Printing Office at (202) 512-1800. The order number is: 029-016-00172-7.

To get "Violence in the Workplace: Risk Factors and Prevention Strategies," NIOSH Current Intelligence Bulletin No. 57 (June 1996), call (800) 35NIOSH Ask for Publication No. 96-100.

The National Criminal Justice Reference Service offers a variety of publications about workplace violence. Call (800) 851-3420.

For information and guidebooks on preventing workplace violence and theft contact your local Federal Protective Service division. The Washington, D.C., division can be reached at (202) 690-9632.

The Family Violence Prevention Fund runs the National Workplace Violence Resource Center on Domestic Violence, which provides employers' guides and action kits for reducing domestic violence spillover. Call (415) 252-8900.

The New York Federal Executive Board guidebook, "Domestic Violence: Finding Safety and Support" is available to New York area federal agency offices. It also can be reprinted by other agencies. Call (212) 264-6262.

Stay up-to-date with federal news alerts and analysis — Sign up for GovExec's email newsletters.
Close [ x ] More from GovExec