This year marks the 50th anniversary of Government Executive, and in honor of that landmark, we're introducing a new awards program to honor distinguished federal managers and executives and industry leaders for outstanding achievement in delivering on government’s promise to serve the American people.
The Theodore Roosevelt Government Leadership Awards and Government Hall of Fame will bring much-needed focus on high-achieving managers and executives who are meeting unprecedented challenges.
The Leadership Awards program will annually recognize an all-star team in the following categories:
- Visionaries: For those who have developed promising new approaches to solving government’s biggest challenges
- Directors: For excellence in managing people, programs and policy implementation
- Pathfinders: For innovation in bringing advances in information technology to government
- Defenders: For distinguished achievement in national security, homeland security and international affairs
- Masters: For noteworthy accomplishments in science-related endeavors in areas such as space, health, environment, energy and agriculture
- Partners: For private-sector allies whose support and guidance of government initiatives was key to their success
In addition to the Leadership Awards, the Government Hall of Fame will enshrine the best of the best: those who have demonstrated sustained achievement and unparalleled dedication to public service throughout their careers. Each year a new class of inductees will be added to this group’s elite membership.
Leadership Award winners and Hall of Famers will be honored at a gala dinner at Washington National Cathedral on Sept. 19.