The General Services Administration announced new per diem rates Tuesday for several areas in Montana, New York, Ohio and Texas.
The new per diem rates for business travel by federal employees were published Tuesday in the Federal Register and become effective on May 5, 2004. All but one of the areas, Killeen, Texas, are additions to the per diem program. The new rates and areas are:
- Butte, including Silver Bow County: $94
- Missoula, including Missoula County: $91
- Polson/Kalispell, including Lake and Flathead Counties: $90 to $118, depending on the dates of travel
- Schenectady, including Schenectady County: $105
- Fairborn, including City limits of Fairborn: $107
- Killeen, including Bell County: $97, up from $94.
Last April, the per diem rate tables were removed from the Federal Travel Regulation. Now, the General Services Administration publishes rates periodically and posts them on its Web site at http://www.gsa.gov/perdiem.