Last updated: January 16, 2024
PLEASE NOTE: THESE TERMS CONTAIN AN AGREEMENT TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTES THROUGH BINDING, INDIVIDUAL-ONLY ARBITRATION WITHOUT JURY TRIAL AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER, AS DETAILED IN THE “DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND ARBITRATION AGREEMENT” SECTION, BELOW.
By using, providing us your telephone number or otherwise agreeing to receive text messages from or on behalf of the Company, you expressly consent to receive marketing and/or non-marketing text messages from Company and any and all others texting on Company’s behalf, including, but not limited to, its service partners, including text messages which may utilize or be sent using an automated system, an autodialer, an automated system for the selection and/or dialing of telephone numbers, an automatic telephone dialing system (“ATDS”), and/or any other type of systems, softwares, hardwares, or machines (no matter how they may be named or classified, and whether used alone or in conjunction with one another) that may use an automated procedure or process for sending messages, at the mobile telephone number associated with your opt-in. You may opt out of these communications at any time, and your consent to receive marketing text messages is not required and is not a condition to purchase any goods or services.
As set forth above, Company and/or its service providers and others may use an autodialer and/or related systems to deliver text messages (including, but not limited to, SMS and MMS) to the phone number(s) that you provide. Text messaging may include one-time or recurring texts related to, but not limited to, the following programs:
- Marketing and Promotional Programs: By opting into a Company marketing Program, you can expect to receive recurring marketing, promotional, advertising, informational and other similar messages regarding sales, discounts, loyalty programs, reward certificates, abandoned cart reminders, and other offers, in varying frequencies at the mobile telephone number provided when opting in.
- Service Appointments: You may provide your mobile telephone number to opt in to receive text messages about appointments, services, and/or reminders and updates related to same.
- Order Tracking and Delivery Alerts: You may provide your mobile telephone number to opt in to receive text messages about your orders, shipments, and/or deliveries, and updates related to same.
- Transactional event messages: You may provide your mobile telephone number to opt in to receive text messages about events, such as registration reminders, surveys, or other communication related to same.
- On-Demand Text Message Reply Services: You may send a text requesting certain types of on-demand text message reply services from Company, including but not limited to the following: text to receive a link to sign-up for loyalty programs, text to sign-up for email marketing programs, text to receive a link to save a coupon or similar item to your mobile telephone or digital wallet, text to download the Company Mobile App, or text to receive a link to enter or make entry to a sweepstakes. These text messages are not ongoing recurring Programs and therefore you will only receive the information you specifically request in reply.
How to Opt Out
If you do not wish to continue participating in any Program, or no longer agree to these Terms, text the applicable Short Code or directly reply to any message received from a Program with the word “STOP” to opt out of receiving marketing text communications at any time. You may receive an additional mobile message confirming your decision to opt out. You understand that the text message program may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that contain words or phrases other than those set forth above and agree that Company and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such Requests.
Costs and Frequency
Message and data rates may apply. Please check with your mobile carrier for details about your pricing plan and the charges for sending and receiving text messages. You are solely responsible for any costs related to or associated with your receipt of text messages, as set forth more fully in these terms.
Message frequency will vary.
Not all mobile devices or handsets may be supported and our messages may not be deliverable in all areas. Company, its service providers and the mobile carriers supported by the program are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
You must have a wireless device of your own, capable of 2-way messaging, be using a participating wireless carrier, and be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging service. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions.
We are able to deliver messages to many major mobile phone carriers including T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, and US Cellular in the U.S. If your carrier does not support our messages, the messages will not be delivered and you will not be charged.
GovExec text messages are intended for users in the United States. Carriers in other countries are not supported.
To request more information, text the keyword “HELP” to the Short Code for the Program about which you have questions.
Access or Delivery to Mobile Network is Not Guaranteed
Text messaging services are offered on an “as-is” basis and may not be available in all areas at all times and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other changes made by your wireless carrier. Delivery of mobile messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator and is outside of our control. We are not liable for delayed or undelivered mobile messages.
A Program will send SMS (Short Message Service) messages if your mobile device does not support MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) messaging.
People under the age of 18 may not participate in text message communications with the Company and parents or legal guardians may not agree to these Terms on their behalf. If we become aware that a person under 18 has provided or attempted to provide us with personal information, we will use our best efforts to remove the information permanently from our files.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware, without reference to conflict of laws principles. Any suit to enforce this Agreement, to the extent such suit is excluded from the binding arbitration agreement set forth herein and below, shall be brought exclusively in the State and U.S. District Courts located in Delaware and the Parties hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and waive any venue objection.
You warrant and represent to us that you have all necessary rights, power, and authority to agree to these Terms and perform your obligations hereunder, and nothing contained in these Terms or in the performance of such obligations will place you in breach of any other contract or obligation. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein will not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. Any new features, changes, updates or improvements of any Program shall be subject to these Terms unless explicitly stated otherwise in writing. We reserve the right to change these Terms from time to time. Any updates to these Terms shall be communicated to you. You acknowledge your responsibility to review these Terms from time to time and to be aware of any such changes. By continuing to participate in any Program after any such changes, you accept these Terms, as modified.
Government Executive Media Group LLC
600 New Hampshire Ave. NW
Washington DC, 20037
Dispute Resolution and Arbitration Agreement
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT AND TO HAVE A JURY HEAR YOUR CLAIMS. It contains procedures for MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
IF YOU ARE A U.S. RESIDENT, YOU ALSO AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISIONS:
WE BOTH AGREE TO ARBITRATE: You and Company agree to resolve any claims relating to these Terms, or your receipt of text messages from Company, or anyone sending text messages on Company’s behalf, including but not limited to, its service providers, through final and binding arbitration, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate Company’s intellectual property rights (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or patent rights). Under such circumstances Company may bring a lawsuit solely for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use or abuse of the Site, or intellectual property infringement (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or patent rights) without first engaging in arbitration or the informal dispute-resolution process described above.
WHAT IS ARBITRATION: Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court and seeks to resolve disputes more quickly. Instead of a judge or a jury, the case will be decided by a neutral arbitrator who has the power to award the same damages and relief that a court can. If any provision of this arbitration agreement is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision shall be severed, and the remaining arbitration terms shall be enforced.
ARBITRATION PROCEDURES: The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this dispute resolution provision. Arbitration shall be initiated through JAMS. Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms shall be referred to and finally determined by arbitration in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures. If there is a conflict between JAMS Rules and the rules set forth in this Agreement to Arbitrate, the rules set forth in this Agreement to Arbitrate will govern. The JAMS Rules and instructions for how to initiate an arbitration are available from JAMS at http://www.jamsadr.com or 1-800-352-5267. To initiate arbitration, you or Company must do the following things:
(1) Write a demand for Arbitration. The demand must include a description of the Claim and the amount of damages sought to be recovered. You can find a copy of a Demand for Arbitration at www.jamsadr.com. (2) Send three copies of the Demand for Arbitration, plus the appropriate filing fee to your local JAMS office or to JAMS, Two Embarcadero Center, Suite 1500, San Francisco, CA 94111. (3) Send one copy of the Demand for Arbitration to the other party. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the JAMS Rules, except that for claims of less than $1,000, you will be obligated to pay $25 and Company will pay all other administrative costs and fees. In addition, for claims of less than $1,000, Company will reimburse you for the $25 fee if the arbitrator rules in your favor. Arbitration under this agreement shall be held in the United States county where you live or work, Michigan, or any other location we mutually agree to, subject to Michigan law. The arbitration may award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive relief). Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent Jurisdiction.
AUTHORITY OF ARBITRATOR: The arbitrator will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and Company, and the dispute will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the Arbitration Rules, and the Terms. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and Company.
NO CLASS ACTIONS: You may only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations are not allowed.
WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL: THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY, instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration. Arbitration procedures are typically more limited, more efficient and less costly than rules applicable in court and are subject to very limited review by a court. In the event any litigation should arise between you and Company in any state or federal court in a suit to vacate or enforce an arbitration award or otherwise, YOU AND COMPANY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT YOU MAY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN DECIDING TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE.