GovExec.com's guide to the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program Open Season for federal managers, employees and their families.
In The News
- Retirement Planning: Health Insurance Choices, Part One (09/29/06)
- Senators back extending federal benefits to same-sex partners (09/28/06)
- U.S. needs harmonious IT standards, official says (09/25/06)
- Pay and Benefits Watch: The More You Know (09/21/06)
- Federal health premiums to rise only slightly (09/19/06)
- Pay and Benefits Watch: Of Sound Mind (09/14/06)
- Subcommittee advances electronic health records bill (09/14/06)
- Senate bill encourages electronic health records for feds (09/06/06)
- OPM reaffirms dental, vision contract awards (08/30/06)
- Bush orders health agencies to standardize IT systems (08/22/06)
- Pay and Benefits Watch: Coveted Benefits (06/08/06)
- Pay and Benefits Watch: No Need for Part D (03/23/06)
- Pay and Benefits Watch: Long-Term Leaders (03/16/06)
- Panel weighs proposal to digitize federal employee health records (03/16/06)
- Pay and Benefits Watch: Pay With Plastic (03/02/06)
- President pushes $3.4 billion in federal health care savings (02/08/06)
2007 FEHBP Premiums
Questions and Answers
- Who is Eligible for FEHBP and How Does One Apply?
- What Types of Plans Are Available?
- Which type of insurance is right for you?
- OPM's FEHBP Web site
- Download FEHBP Guides from OPM
- Health insurance glossary
- FEHBP Plan Comparisons
For information about long-term care insurance, click here: http://www.opm.gov/insure/ltc/about/index.htm
For information about flexible spending accounts, click here: http://www.opm.gov/insure/pretax/fsa/index.asp
Health Plan Tools, Calculators and Report Cards
- National Committee for Quality Assurance, a non-profit organization that rates health insurance programs for consumers.
- Consumer's Checkbook Guide to Health Plans for Federal Employees. Contains ratings of plans for likely out of pocket costs, ratings of HMO and Fee-for-Service plans for customer satisfaction based on independently collected survey data, and much more. Users must pay a fee to access ratings.
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, a non-profit that evaluates and accredits nearly 18,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States.
- Healthfinder, a research site for health information.