A prominent pro-Islamic State media outlet has released a video celebrating the deadly attacks in Brussels, and it features comments by US presidential candidate Donald Trump.
The video from the Al-Battar Media Foundation, titled “The Exile of Islam and Brussels Attacks,” opens with footage from the bombings of the Zaventem airport and Maelbeek metro station on Monday (Mar. 21), before cutting to an image of Trump overlaid with audio of an interview he gave shortly after the attacks.
“Brussels was one of the great cities—one of the most beautiful cities of the world 20 years ago—and safe,” Trump says. “And now it’s a horror show, an absolute horror show.”
In subsequent comments on Twitter today, Trump seemed to express satisfaction that his warnings about Islamist groups in Brussels had been vindicated:
Remember when I recently said that Brussels is a "hell hole" and a mess and the failing @nytimes wrote a critical article. I was so right!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 24, 2016
According to the monitoring group SITE, Al-Battar is the “leading pro-Islamic State (IS) jihadi media group.”