- Allowing the 180-day waiting period for hiring military personnel for civil service jobs to be waived for key positions.
- Encouraging and expanding the bulk buying of commercial software and cellular telephone services.
- Eliminating the Pentagon's annual planning guidance that calls for a set number of full-time civilian equivalent positions throughout the Defense Department, which gives managers more flexibility in managing personnel.
- Giving program managers greater flexibility in reprogramming research and development and procurement dollars.
- Expanding the use of recovery auditing to track overpayments to contractors.
- Creating a Web site for coordinating schedules at Defense test ranges.
FROM OUR SPONSORS