- Eliminating 31 of the 72 acquisition-related advisory boards.
- Investing $400 million in public-private partnerships for military housing. Many utility services to military installations would also be privatized.
- Tightening the requirements for other government agencies to reimburse the department for Defense detailees. The department is reviewing whether to suspend assignments where detailees are not fully reimbursed.
- Committing $100 million for financial modernization.
- Establishing a Defense Business Board to tap outside expertise to improve the department's business practices.
FROM OUR SPONSORS