Help Your Staff Go the Distance
- Talk to your agency's training department to find out what distance-learning courses are being offered and how your employees can participate.
- Talk to training directors at other federal agencies in your geographic region to find out what they're offering and how you might combine efforts and share resources.
- Get to know your local broadcast facility managers. They can provide valuable assistance in receiving or generating distance learning programming.
- When scheduling distance-learning classes, make sure you have the correct broadcast time for the program. The program may be generated in a different time zone.
- Satellite programs are broadcast on one of two frequency bands: C and Ku. Not all downlinks can receive both bands. Make sure you have the correct downlink for the programs you anticipate receiving.
Stay up-to-date with federal news alerts and analysis — Sign up for GovExec's email newsletters.