Public agencies are facing budget constraints. Maintaining legacy systems is costly and consumes a large portion of agencies’ IT budgets. Often more than 80 percent of public organizations’ budgets are spent to just sustain the application, leaving less than 20 percent for innovation that will drive new capabilities such as cloud and mobility. Public agencies are challenged because they need to meet citizen needs, agency needs and regulatory needs, but they can’t achieve that with their aging portfolios.
But application modernization is not an impossible feat. In this industry perspective, we sit down with GovLoop, a public-sector professional network of more than 250,000 members, to discuss how governments can ease the process of application modernization and harness the most benefit from their IT portfolios.
Read the full paper to learn more about:
- Why public agencies should modernize their applications and how they can get started
- Common challenges to modernization
- Tips for transforming an agency’s applications
- A U.S. Army case study that examines how government agencies have benefited from application modernization
This content is made possible by our sponsor. The editorial staff of Government Executive was not involved in its preparation.