We're excited to announce that registration is now open for the seventh annual Code for America Summit! This Summit will bring together more than 1,200 public servants, civic-minded technologists, entrepreneurs and technology companies to share what’s working and what’s not when it comes to government getting the full benefit of technology for better services, better outcomes and better value for money. This year’s event will take place May 30-June 1 in Oakland, CA. Reserve your seat today!
- Join us for GovExec LIVE: Prioritizing Performance Management for a series of conversations about the administration’s top performance management priorities in 2018 and how agencies are working to meet them. We’ll hear from federal leaders about how they are developing employee management skills, evaluating performance, holding employees accountable and addressing challenges. Register
- This summit will showcase the researchers, business, government leaders and soldiers that are designing, funding, and shaping the future of artificial intelligence. Come for a full day to learn about the cutting-edge inventions, the newest business strategies, and the life-and-death, battlefield applications of the most important technology of the 21st Century. Register
- The next decade will be the most significant for humankind’s presence in space since the 1960s. New technology is turning the hype surrounding private space flight into a reality. New satellites will also be cheaper, more innovative, more useful and radically different from the past, thanks to breakthroughs in modular computer architectures, robotics and more. Join us to learn about how the next ten years in technology will shape the future of military communication. Register
- For the first time, Defense One will bring its popular, annual special report to the stage to discuss today’s military and the most important stories expected in the year to come. Our editors will sit with top-ranking officials, stakeholders and thought leaders across Washington for conversations about today’s national security plan and their recommendations for the future. Register
- On March 20, enhance your understanding of how innovative federal agencies and commercial companies are leveraging real-time analytics to transform into the federal government of tomorrow. Senior functional leaders, information technology executives, program managers, and data enthusiasts will convene in Washington, D.C., to discuss what is possible when we foster intelligent enterprise through smart data. Don’t miss out! Register
- Private sector companies and even the federal government are rapidly adopting e-signatures –nearly 700 million transactions in 2017 relied on the technology. But as a state or local government leader, you may need to know more before you are comfortable implementing a solution. What is the current legal environment around e-signatures and how is it evolving? What business processes and citizen interactions can benefit from e-signatures? How can you ensure you are successful? Tune in as we tackle these questions! Register
- January 31, 2018
- January 31, 2018
- January 24, 2018
Government Executive Media Group is proud to provide its readers with a lively, engaging calendar of events. Register to question, engage and interact with high-level federal employees, and hear about best practices and innovative thinking on the topics that matter most to you.Atlantic Media Event Guidelines
- The current administration has made the cloud a key component of its strategy for IT modernization, citing its “excellent levels of functionality, cost effectiveness, and security.” However, the administration also acknowledges that, despite its well-known benefits, broad scale migration to the cloud remains stymied in many agencies. The challenge is twofold. First, agencies need a better understanding of the obstacles to cloud adoption and how to overcome them. In particular, they need to understand the different approaches to the cloud and how to select the one that best meets their requirements. Second, agencies need to think in new ways about the cloud—recognizing the opportunities it presents to transform their operations.
- Rather than simply upgrading outdated technology, agencies should develop an infrastructure that actually improves the performance and agility of the workforce. In part, that means providing an infrastructure that enables employees to access the information and services they need whether they are working in the office, at home or on the road. It also means providing them with tools that foster better communication and team decision-making. Register to learn about the strategies for making digital transformation a reality.
- From self-driving cars to ships patrolling the seas, autonomous vehicles are about to change the modern landscape – in the commercial sector and in defense. Join this Webcast for an introduction to the fundamentals of autonomy, including approaches for achieving autonomy, challenges beyond technology and what makes a system “autonomous.” Leidos’ Chief Autonomy Scientist, Dr. Bob Touchton, will provide examples from the current state of autonomous systems, as well as the latest research and use cases. Attendees will leave the session with a deeper understanding of how to insert and manage autonomy in their programs as well as insight into discussions on the topic.