Join us on Thursday, September 25th as we discuss how analytics are changing the way government agencies utilize their growing data, and how these technologies can be combined with other emerging technologies like cloud computing to improve mission effectiveness.
- VERIZON WIRELESS Beyond the overall level of engagement as teleworkers, do the agency employees truly embrace this emerging alternative to daily commuting and office work? Do teleworkers have the tools they need to do their jobs effectively and believe they are more productive when working remotely? Have the Federal IT infrastructures and deployed devices evolved to genuinely support mobile workers, regardless of where they may be located? Plan to attend this thought-provoking update and discussion on the state of the Federal telework experience at the outset of Government Fiscal Year 2015. At this session, GBC will release its findings and a panel of seasoned Federal professionals will share their perspectives on what is working and what needs improvement to streamline processes, support smoother collaboration and communications, and how technology is helping—or complicating—their teleworking initiatives. Register
- VERIZON WIRELESS The Department of Defense (DoD) concept for a Joint Information Environment (JIE) is designed to provide effective warfighter and operations support through network consolidation and standardization, and by addressing the information needs of highly mobile and dispersed forces. The end game is to provide military personnel with improved capabilities for data access, sharing, and security, while enabling significantly simpler network management and situational awareness of connected users and devices. DoD leaders have noted that mobility is a critical, integrated component for their vision of a secure, aware, agile, and connected defense workforce that will be able to reliably access information and applications as they are needed. Anticipated benefits for soldiers, sailors, airmen and their commanders is more responsive systems, more user-familiar interfaces, and operational efficiencies. As this concept evolves, how will the JIE improve, or complicate, the programs and collaborative technologies in use today? How will DoD mobile operations and communications be impacted? To address these questions, the Government Business Council (GBC) will release its findings from a new study conducted to understand how members of the defense program management, technology, and security communities view mobility and its linkage to the JIE as we begin Government Fiscal Year 2015. This is your opportunity to hear the results of the GBC research, ask questions of those leading several defense mobility programs now, and gain insight into how JIE and mobility can be synchronized to support U.S. military operations around the globe. Register
- SIEMENS The federal government occupies approximately 500,000 buildings worldwide, spending billions of dollars annually on operational costs alone. Yet some agencies are using technology in unique ways to curb energy consumption and realize efficiencies integral to the overall success of their missions. This panel would explore the government’s innovative efforts to maximize efficiencies through data analysis and data-driven technology. Register
- ADOBE SYSTEMS Like workers in any industry, federal employees often attend events or watch online sessions to educate themselves and keep track of changes in their work environments. One of these changes is the shift in such events themselves--fewer federal workers are attending events and more are attending webinars, just as their workplaces become more mobile and their agencies adopt communications tools that allow them to convene over video chats and work on projects from multiple locations. The trends are only part of the growing list of options for federal workers to communicate with each other and stay on top of industry best practices--and on October 30, we will discuss the future of government meeting and communicating. Register
- Join Government Executive for this digital livestream as our panelists will discuss best practices in succession planning, recruiting and retaining new talent and wow to plan for a future when a large percentage of today’s workforce will soon retire. Register
- The Digital Accountability and Transparency (DATA) Act will revamp how the federal government catalogs its spending data, forcing openness, transparency and accountability on data sets once relegated to disparate government databases. Open data has the power to transform government and society, yet even as the government begins to open up its data through mandates like the DATA Act, challenges in implementation and other barriers exist. This session will discuss how to prepare now and what’s important to consider. Register
- September 29, 2014
- MARKLOGIC LIVE September 25, 2014
- September 17, 2014
Government Executive Media Group is proud to provide its readers with a lively, engaging calendar of events. Register to question, engage and interact with high-level federal employees, and hear about best practices and innovative thinking on the topics that matter most to you.Atlantic Media Event Guidelines
- On September 29th, retirement planning expert and Government Executive columnist Tammy Flanagan will discuss the results of the assessment tool as well as answer your questions on where you stand on the retirement readiness scale.
- Government agencies aren’t confined to the buildings they’re headquartered in anymore--workers carry their work on their mobile phones, tablets and other devices, multiplying the capabilities of each worker. But these new capabilities put pressure on managers to tailor this new working environment to their mission and formulate an enterprise mobility strategy. How can they manage productivity when workers are communicating from home, and how can they secure their networks when workloads leave the building with the worker?
- IBM CUSTOM WEBCAST Manually processing data is inefficient, costly and, puts a strain on people, resources and systems while causing compliance issues. For agencies in search of a better method, automation is the way to go. Enter: IBM’s Cognos Disclosure Management Solution. Cognos Disclosure Management (CDM) provides agencies with a secure and scalable process automation and reporting system.