About Government Executive Media Group
Stay up-to-date with federal news alerts and analysis — Sign up for GovExec's email newsletters.
GovernmentExecutive.com is government's business news daily and the premier website for federal managers and executives.
Government Executive in its print incarnation is a monthly business magazine
serving senior executives and managers in the federal government's departments and agencies. Our subscribers are high-ranking civilian and military officials who are responsible for defending the nation and carrying out the many laws that define the government's role in our economy and society.
Government Executive's essential editorial mission is to cover the business of the federal government and its huge departments and agencies - dozens of which dwarf the largest institutions in the private sector. We aspire to serve the people who manage these huge agencies and programs in much the way that Fortune, Forbes, and Business Week serve private-sector managers.
Editorial goals include:
- Covering developments affecting organization and management of the executive branch
- Helping federal executives and their agencies improve the quality of the services they provide by reporting on management innovations
- Explaining agencies' problems and failures in a way that offer lessons about pitfalls to avoid
- Creating a greater sense of community among the elite corps of public servants to whom the magazine circulates
- Helping to improve the image of the public service by teaching our non-government readers about the challenges federal officials confront
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Government Executive is a registered trademark of Atlantic Media Co.