From trends in health and human services and economic output, to specifics around occupational, food, and public safety, the federal government produces an unimaginable amount of data on a daily basis. However, a plethora of silos, within and across agencies, pose serious barriers to truly gleaning the transformational insights of which this data is capable. With a recent mandate from the White House to harness data across the government and solve meaningful challenges, how can agencies break through these silos? During this digital webcast Snowflake discussed the following critical elements to utilizing data as a strategic asset.
- Creating a data culture
- Quantifying mission impact
- Standardizing data collection
- Building a policy framework for data sharing
- Harnessing a data platform to leverage existing systems
- Balancing transparency and security