Retirement Readiness Assessment
Exclusively sponsored by The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program
Are You Ready to Retire? A lot of federal employees are wondering whether they are these days. Here's your chance to test your retirement readiness, with tips at the end on how to be fully prepared for life after government.
To begin your Retirement Readiness Assessment, please enter the following information:
Page 1 of 2
1. Which of the following best characterizes your view of retirement?
2. When you retire, you have the option of choosing what type of benefit you wish to receive, such as an annuity payable only during your lifetime, or a reduced annuity with a survivor annuity for a spouse. Which of the following best describes your understanding of this situation?
3. Once you leave federal service, you will have access to the funds in your Thrift Savings Plan account. Which of the following best describes your situation?
4. When it comes to records of your full federal employment, which of the following applies to you:
5. With regard to the potential need for long-term care in retirement, which of the following best describes your situation:
Page 2 of 2
6. Social Security retirement benefits are payable as young as age 62 or as late as age 70. Delaying your application for benefits increases the benefit amount. Which of the following statements best describes your plans for applying for Social Security?
7. Which of the following best describes your understanding of Medicare’s role in your future?
8. Which of the following best describes your understanding of taxes and retirement?
9. Your view of potential future changes to your retirement is closest to which of the following statements:
10. With respect to specific Thrift Savings Plan withdrawal options, which of the following best describes your knowledge:
Assessment Complete! You are:
Whether you're ready for retirement or you're just getting started, use the Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program's retirement readiness checklists to start planning for the future. Download the guide that's right for you:
- Download Starting Your Plan
- Download Strengthening Your Plan
- Download Planning for the Unexpected
- Download Your Total Readiness Guide