There are many weighty issues in this year’s presidential campaign, from tax policy to how to deal with the threat from ISIS. But Hillary Clinton and her staff have repeatedly made time to address another apparently pressing concern: the possibility that aliens have visited Earth, and the U.S. government has covered it up.
On Thursday, Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta, told CNN that federal agencies “could do a much better job in answering the quite legitimate questions that people have about what's going on with unidentified aerial phenomena." He said Clinton would push for answers if she gets to occupy the Oval Office starting next January.
"What I've talked to the secretary about, and what she's said now in public, is that if she's elected president, when she gets into office, she'll ask for as many records as the United States federal government has to be declassified, and I think that's a commitment that she intends to keep and that I intend to hold her to," Podesta said.
Clinton herself addressed the alien issue on the campaign trail in New Hampshire in late December. “I'm going to get to the bottom of it," she told a reporter for the Conway Daily Sun. “Maybe we could have, like, a task force to go to Area 51," she added, referring to the infamous secret Nevada military facility.
In 2011, the Obama administration flatly declared that “the U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race."
That’s apparently not good enough for Podesta, who served as a senior adviser to President Obama. When he stepped down from his post last year, he said his “biggest failure” was “once again not securing the disclosure of the UFO files.”
Photo: Flickr user Beckie