Year 2000 Resources
May 1, 1996
- The Year 2000 Interagency Committee is working to define guidelines for how to exchange date references across government. The group will issue its Best Practices Guide later this year. For details, call (410) 965-6294.
The Information Technology Association of America has produced a year 2000 survey, buyer's guide, vendor directory and position paper. Information can be obtained via the trade association's home page or by calling (703) 522-5055.
- A Defense Department Internet site reports on how DoD is addressing the year 2000 problem. (Note: Most of the site is open only to users with military or government Internet addresses.)
- The Software Productivity Group is sponsoring year 2000 conferences throughout the country this year. For cities and dates, call (508) 366-3344.
- A year 2000 quarterly newsletter called Tick, Tick, Tick is produced by 2000 AD Inc., a New York-based consulting company. For subscription information, call (718) 643-8425.
- Peter De Jager, an independent consultant based in Brampton, Ontario, runs an online Year 2000 Information Center.
- The U.S. Professional Development Institute, a nonprofit training organization, offers a variety of year 2000 seminars. Call (301) 445-4400.
May 1, 1996