July 19, 2013
1. James Gandolfini portrayed the occupant of this administration post in the movie Zero Dark Thirty.
2. This top official at the Commerce Department was the first American woman to walk in space.
3. The Associated Press once called this homeschooled White House official “Goat Boy” because he raised goats as a child.
4. Which department has the highest concentration of Ivy League graduates in its top ranks?
5. For a time this year, these two brothers were both running Cabinet departments.
6. This White House official played power forward for the University of Vermont basketball team.
7. Which head of an independent agency is the daughter of the Tootsie Roll CEO?
8. This State Department official was a senior adviser to Henry Kissinger in the Nixon administration.
9. In his younger days, a top intelligence official worked as a rodeo cowboy and lived in a funeral home. Who is he?
10. Bono was effusive in his praise when President Obama nominated this person for a top post earlier this year.
11. Which financial regulator has climbed both Mount Rainier and Mount Kilimanjaro?
12. The mother of which Obama nominee founded the retail firm Lillian Vernon?
13. A top White House adviser was the recipient of a $500,000 MacArthur Foundation “genius grant.” Who is she?
Answers: 1) CIA director; 2) Kathy Sullivan; 3) Grant Colfax; 4) OMB; 5) John Kerry, Cam Kerry; 6) Ed Pagano; 7) Karen Mills; 8) Robert Hormats; 9) Al Tarasiuk; 10) Michael Froman; 11) Gary Gensler; 12) Fred Hochberg; 13) Cecilia Munoz
July 19, 2013