Government Executive : Vol. 45 No. 8 (Nov/Dec 2013)
Nov 15, 2013 – Vol. 45, No. 8
- By Maren Leed and Ariel RobinsonThe Pentagon can’t solve its long-term spending issues without addressing military pay and benefits.
- By Stephanie GaskellAs the conflict in Afghanistan fades from the front pages, now is the time to pay attention.
- By Bilal Y. Saab and Joseph SinghRethinking the Navy’s presence in the Persian Gulf.
- By Katherine McIntire PetersGovernment innovators transcend bureaucratic challenges to develop technologies that save time, money and lives.
- By Eric KatzCharities brace for fewer donations to the Combined Federal Campaign after pay freezes, benefit cuts and a ...
- By Kellie LunneyThe Federal Employees Health Benefits Program helped shape the Affordable Care Act. Now the question is whether the ...
- By Rebecca Carroll and Charles S. ClarkThe next big quake, debating the open office, navigating space junk.
- By Joseph Marks, Aliya Sternstein and Bob BrewinApps that teach, the cyber training slide, CMS’ testing troubles.
- By Charles S. Clark, Thinking AheadDavin Hutchins helps a VOA offshoot tap the Arab world’s digital progress.
- By Timothy B. Clark, Advice And CommentVolcker Alliance takes the international stage with a mission to make government work better.
- By Peter Ronayne and PJ Rooney, Advice And CommentHow to get your head back in the game after sequestration, furloughs and a government shutdown.
- By Adam Cole, Management Matters - Advice And CommentIf workers in their 50s retire, who will be left to steer the ship?