THE DAILY FED
Labor Laws Cover White House
The BNA Daily Report for Executives reports on that on Friday the House and Senate extended 11 labor laws and civil rights laws to the Executive Office of the President.
About 1,200 employees labor in the 12 agencies within the Executive Office of the President. The following laws would be applied to these agencies:
- The Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act;
- The Americans With Disabilities Act;
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act;
- The Rehabilitation Act;
- The Family and Medical Leave Act;
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act;
- Chapter 71 of Title 5 of the Federal Labor-Management Relations Act;
- The Employee Polygraph Protection Act;
- The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act;
- Chapter 43 of Title 38 regulating veterans' reemployment and employment rights.