October 26, 2012
Every Friday, we like to take a look back at the week that was. Take a deep breath, reflect on the things we cared about (however briefly) and prep for the week to come. What were the most popular stories on Excellence in Government this week?
We got hung up on bayonets and horses, were told that getting along is overrated, saw what—if anything—we could learn from the presidential debates and examined the many perks of working from home.
Got story ideas for Excellence in Government? Our objective is to highlight management best practices, innovative ideas, and exemplary projects and programs in the federal government. Have an idea worth sharing? Comment below or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until next week, your favorite five stories this week:
1. 'Bayonets and Horses:' Obama and Romney's Sharpest Debate Retorts: Debate season officially ended on Monday. Check out these highlights from the third and final debate.
2. Stop Wasting Time Trying to Get Along: What if things are just fine the way they are? Sarah Agan entreats us to focus our energies on the task at hand, and less on trying to repair fundamental relationship differences with colleagues.
3. Five Leadership Lessons Learned From the 2012 Debates: They’re over! The debates revealed what President Obama looks like on Nyquil, that Governor Romney has a secret stash of three-hole punched women and that the U.S. military has indeed moved on from bayonets and cavalry. But what leadership lessons did they teach us? Click to find out.
4. The 6 Biggest Federal IT Trends Coming in 2013: The Government Business Council has a report coming soon about the biggest tech trends in the year ahead. Get a sneak peek and see what’s in store for 2013!
5. Infographic: The Many Perks of Working From Home: Are you sitting at your desk? That’s a shame—because apparently you’d be a heck of a lot happier if you were working from home. Read on to see why you should telework every chance you get.
Let’s see, what else have we been talking about at Excellence in Government? Oh, right! There’s a hurricane coming…it’s looking like this might be the real deal. Though not a top story yet, we feel a PSA is important:
6. Hurricane Sandy Threatens East Coast—How to Prepare: Stay safe this weekend—and go stock up on supplies!
October 26, 2012